This text was printed from the Women Film Pioneers Project at Columbia University.
To promote readability and conserve consumable resources, images and interactive elements in the digital version do not appear in print format.
Please visit https://wfpp.cdrs.columbia.edu/2019/01/23/cfp-feminist-media-histories-special-issue-on-media-and-the-environment/ to see the complete version.
CALL FOR PAPERS Feminist Media Histories: An International Journal
Special Issue on Media and the Environment
Guest Editor: Jennifer L. Peterson
Deadline: Feb. 15, 2019
From the call for papers:
We invite proposals for a special issue on Feminist Approaches to Media and the Environment. This issue of Feminist Media Histories considers the role of women and gender in film and media about the environment in a range of different global contexts and time periods.
Potential topics include but are not limited to:
• Feminist theory, ecocriticism, new materialism
• Lesbian, gay, queer, trans, and genderfluid environmental media histories – film and media makers, producers, writers, communities
• Histories of indigenous media and the environment
• Global environmental case studies and media practices
• Women in early environmental history (19th and early 20th century)
• Women and media in the popular environmental movement (1950s to present)